By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Website testing on Wordpress

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I've got a number of domains that i'd like to use to test various things for a number of projects I have going at present. What would be the most efficient way of throwing up a website just purely to test things etc.

I was thinking of using Wordpress, is this a viable solution? How easy is it to install etc?

Do other people have "test sites" that they use to test techniques etc they find?

:)

Greg Findley

Greg Findley

Hi ,

Yes Wordpress is very easy to install, and with a basic theme you can get a reasonable-looking site up very quickly. The new WP release is now even easier to use in terms of the backend/admin area, they've really cut it back to the essentials for the main navigation, making things nice and simple.

I used to use WP for a few adsense sites I ran, and the combination of having a news section powered by the blog, and static pages worked out well for those sites.

If things take off with the site, then its very straightforward to get a custom Wordpress theme design done and coded. If you do need a custom WP theme designing and coding in the future feel free to contact me, its another area of my business :) (an area that is becoming increasingly requested!)

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking