By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Website Feedback Appreciated

M

MarkTaylor1968

Hi guys,

I'd really value some feedback on my website:

Eriskay Associates

At the moment we really see it as a showcase of our products, customer groups and key associates, rather than a means of direct conversion. Is this the right strategy?

All comments and feedback are most welcome.

Best wishes,

Mark.

Idea15

Idea15

Good morning Mark,

As a professional I tear web sites apart with a fine-tooth comb for fun, and I cannot find any flaw with your web site worth mentioning. Your marketing messages are focused on your target markets, the site is clear and easy to navigate and understand, your colours and illustrations are well suited for a business audience, and almost all of your pages are 100% standards compliant.

Your strategic audit is a brilliant way of getting business and I would encourage you to promote it through local media or even Google Adwords.

Well done!

M

MarkTaylor1968

Many thanks for the useful feedback Heather - I'm glad to get such a positive response and will follow your advice. Thanks again, Mark. (ps. is it Delizique?)

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Mark,

I'm not an expert like Heather but I had a look at your site last night and would agree with Heather that the site is very easy to navigate and really has the right feel to it given your target market.

One area you may want to look at is the SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) aspect. The titles on each page dont really do the site justice and I also notice you have the same meta description for every page, again this wont help the site rank well. This may sound very technical but they should be easy to fix depending on how much control you have over the platform that the website sits on. :)

Idea15

Idea15

One thing I'll say about SEO is that you only have to worry about it if you plan to get business from search engines. Ironically, many web site designers don't do SEO on their own sites because we don't *want* to get business from the sort of people who would source a web designer via search engines. My own experience in getting clients has proven that to be correct every time; web site creation is a detailed and thorough process and the sort of people who want to "dial a designer" are rarely willing to go through that. Food for thought for Eriskay!

And no, it's not Delizique!

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Heather,

I agree with you to a certain extent but I know very few web designers who approach it in this way. Search engines and PPC are very effective ways of getting customers and sales. I would have thought most people would opitimise to a basic level and offer this to their clients. This is maybe a topic for another thread as I dont want to hijack Marks thread but i'd like to think my points were valid for most people. :)

TomB

TomB

Hey Mark,

Nice site, same as the others have commented nice and clean layout, links are easy to follow and well thought out.

One suggestion i would make is that to offer alternative navigation at the bottom in the footer, with the main links, like home page, contact etc.

This allows people to navigate the site without having to scroll to the top of long pages.

Alternatively you could offer, back to the top links to help out on long pages. They are very easy to create.

At teh top of the page create a link like this:
Code:
<a name="top" id="top"></a>
then at the bottom of your page:
Code:
<a href="#top">back to the top</a>
Hope you find that useful

T

M

MarkTaylor1968

Thanks Tom - that's fantastic. I've forwarded on your suggestions to my colleague that looks after the website. Thanks again, M.

TomB

TomB

Not at all, glad i could help.

If you need any other help just give me a shout.

Cheers

T

Idea15

Idea15

Hi ,

Naturally I do thorough SEO for my own clients, but I'm not too worried about it for my own site. The only enquiry I have ever gotten from search engines was a kid who wanted me to help him set up his Bebo page. No joke. There are plenty of designers who seek business through search engines, but I prefer to get business through networking and word of mouth. So far so good!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

[email protected]

Hi Mark

Just looked through the website. While not a professional like some above I would say that the website looks well presented in a professional manner.

There is a wealth of information and content on the site which I am sure I will revisit in the future to "borrow" some tips!

Kevin

I would say its a nice website but it would benift from some SEO try adding diffrent titles and descriptions to each page this will help

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking