By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

webinars

gamecockfan

Have any of you participated in webinars? Have you gotten anything useful by participating or been able to market your business through the experience?

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

By webinars I assume you mean web conferencing? i.e people can talk and see each other at the same time?

I use them quite a lot of software demonstrations etc and find them very useful. There is loads of different software out there that can help you do this.

I think it's the way things are going. You no longer have to travel around the country to have meeting etc. It can all be done sitting at your desk and having multiple people all dialling in. It saves everyone loads of time as well :p

Brian

I used gotomeeting for the first time ever today to chat to a colleague based in Stoke who is part of our compliance team. I have to say it did work really well and we were able to share a screen etc. I can certainly see the appeal of this going forward.

Imagine having customers chatting to you via web conference :p

Now I'm getting lazy!

Brian IFA

ahop23

I do kinda miss the old days of schmoozing and networking in person. . . takes a little away from the personal side of bugsiness. On the other hand web conferencing is a lot more cost effective and saves you the time and headaches of so much travel.

P

purplespeak

I've registered for a few webinars where the instructor's screen and his voice were the teaching aids. The session was opened up at the end for questions, but the participants couldn't see each other. Most useful were the streaming videos that were available for everyone after the event, so if you couldn't attend the live call, you didn't miss out. Also great to refer to if you did attend the call, but were swamped with the information!

All the best!