By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Webcams

Brian McIntosh

I need to invest in a webcam for an event I've been roped into (don't ask). I don't know the first things about them so does anyone have any tips on what to buy? Needs to be foolproof though!!

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Brian,

What will the camera be used for as a matter of interest? Matt is right they range wildly in price etc, a cheap one may do depending on what you need it for. Some of the cheaper ones tend to transmit lower frames per second so it doesn't look like the person is moving naturally etc. Is it just to transmit video or is there an audio requirement as well?

Brian McIntosh

It will be used for video conferencing. I've been having a look round and some have microphones built in but I don't know if this will be good enough. I was thinking a webcam with a separate microphone. After the event has finished I can't see me using it much so I don't want to spend a wad of dosh.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Brian,

When do you need it for? I have a web cam and microphone headset you could borrow even if it's just to test it works ok. Let me know if this appeals and I can look out the stuff. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian McIntosh

Thanks for the offer . One of my neighbours thinks he has a cam and mic somewhere but if he doesn't I'll give you a shout.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian McIntosh

I'm now available for webchats, webinars and other similar video malarky. Unfortunately, I'm not wired for sound (yet),well, that's not strictly true but the sound on this webcam is pants, so we may have to communicate by sign language.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking