By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Van livery - Any use?

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Does van livery entice you to contact a company? If you saw a plumbers van across the road or passing you in the street and you needed a plumber would you take a note of the number etc?

How important is it that the livery looks good and professional or is that not much of a consideration and do you think it works better in some inductries than others?

:)

The one that STILL sticks in my mind is the builder's van that used to do the rounds in West Kensington....

Patel and Sons General Builders
'You've tried the cowboys now try the Indians'

I think it DOES definitely help establish 'presence' and familiarity....

Equally well though a scabby sign scrawled on the side of some rusty old transit will tend to give a particular impression... NOT one many of us would like for our business.... Same applies to signs on premises etc... Do it right or don't do it at all!

nothing does

nothing does

I think it DOES definitely help establish 'presence' and familiarity....

Equally well though a scabby sign scrawled on the side of some rusty old transit will tend to give a particular impression... NOT one many of us would like for our business.... Same applies to signs on premises etc... Do it right or don't do it at all!
I agree, like everything else it has to be done right.

My pet hate is a list of bulleted list of services offered on a van. We all know what plumbers and sparkies do so why give us a list?

alanbold

I have a VW camper that i plan to repair this summer and use as an outside broadcasting unit with my logo emblazoned on it, when its done i'll post a photo, that reminds me i need to learn to weld!

Boxby

Turn the question around;

What do you think about a pumber/sparky/removal co/electrician etc that turns up in a scruffy, unwritten van?

Does that entice you to do businesses with them?
Will you remember their name?
Or do you think they're a cowboy outfit?

I have a VW camper that i plan to repair this summer and use as an outside broadcasting unit with my logo emblazoned on it, when its done i'll post a photo, that reminds me i need to learn to weld!
Muah ha ha haaa.....:D

See that TINY wee 1/2" hole in the air duct that just needs a bit o' platin? Off to the sheet metal workers with you and bring back an 8'X4' sheet of steel.... Should just about cover it... Trust me, I've been runnin old wrecks (sorry classic cars :D) for over 25 years... And am off out into the sun in an hour or so to mess about with yet ANOTHER fault on my old 924...

I did actually consider using a Morris Minor van and getting it done with old-fashioned painted signwriting.... I was worried about the reliability of the thing though; 'specially since I often find myself working on building sites and in industrial areas... SI or SII Landrovers being too dear to run...

And that brings us more to the point of not just having the vehicle signwritten, but having it done well... You can buy a bunch of sticky letters off 'ebay' and DIY it.... But is it better to have someone properly design the livery and get it properly cut and fitted?

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking