By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Urls Not Obvious In A Post

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I'll get the styling looked at. Pete's suggestion is a good one though and it's the one I use.

We will see if we can tweak it though as it does make sense to make them a bit more obvious :)

MattW

MattW

Is this styling better?
No! It's doing ALL the URLS on the site. You can style specifically the links in the text area, and leave the rest of the site links as they were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

:eek: Oops - I should really pay more attention.

Right I'll need to try and find out how I fix this.

saltire

saltire

ooh looks like you've fixed everything being underlined which is good :p

justDAJ

justDAJ

If you have access to edit the CSS (stylesheet) for the Theme or are able to add custom CSS for the theme, add a line similar to:

.messageText a { border-bottom:1px dotted;}

This will add 'dotted' underline beneath any hyperlinks within the messages of a post (and nowhere else on the forum).

The bit in the { } could be changed to make the text bold, different colour, etc. Shout if you need more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
saltire

saltire

Yep that's really good ... a little bit different which is always a good thing ;)