By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Twitter

peteark

Banned
Have a look at UK Business Labs and their post integration with Twitter, maybe something you are interested in, if not now, maybe the future.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Peter,

Am I correct in thinking they have created an RSS feed that's linked to something like Twitterfeed? Then each new thread thats created goes straight up to Twitter?

If i'm getting the wrong end of the stick then please say :)

I tried this with SBF but there was some issue with something like a GUID which stopped it so I never pursued it. What I tend to do is maybe link to a post every few days or so direct on Twitter. Do you think it would be better to identify the issue and just run it through Twitterfeed?

peteark

Banned

Drop me an email at info(at)businessservicesuk.com and I will get the owner to drop you a line

Last edited by a moderator:
Gordon N

Gordon N

I'm not a fan of this kind use of twitter, if I wanted to find out everything that had been posted I would visit the forum itself. If there is a thread that could be particularly useful or relevant then yes by all means tweet it, but a straight feed off the forum itself verges on spam to me, especially from a busy and active forum.

Just my opinion, maybe I am turning into a grumpy old man, but I struggle to keep up with the 40 or so people I am following just now without a 100+ forum post tweets added in for good measure. :)

Gordon N

Gordon N

I think somewhere along the line I must have done something to offend/annoy you pete, everytime I reply to one of your threads I get a short sharp negative reply! :)

I thought this thread was about a twitterfeed integration from a forum?

Have a look at UK Business Labs and their post integration with Twitter,
Not a boat rocker so I will just back out of this thread, I must have missed something sorry.

dotsno

I do this with my Scotster social networking site - there's a Twitter feed at Twitter / ScotsterPulse for it.

It's not an RSS feed as such - rather there's a program that sits on the site's server and uses the Twitter API to create an entry every time something appears in the site's "Pulse" feature (this is a bespoke feature that enables people to keep up-to-date with site-wide activity). I've also had it set up by Twitter as an actual client so that everything appears to be posted by Scotster, rather than just "from the web".

I don't expect people to follow it - they can join up if they want to do that - but rather a lot of Twitter content is syndicated elsewhere, and people do real-time searches. I've made the ScotsterPulse feed include the titles of photos, places, events, forum topics and so on, with a direct link back to the page on the Scotster website where the content can be found.

It's a completely automated "feed" account, pretty much like CNN has, but my aim with it is simply to enable people to find the content with Twitter search and to get the key titles syndicated around the web via their own integration of Twitter.

Happy to help people understand more about ways Twitter can be used to spread content around to gain a far larger audience than just relying on the followers concept :)

peteark

Banned
Gordon, I am sorry you felt that way, I certainly did or have never meant to offend anyone here.

I guess this shows how typed words can be interpreted in different ways

What I do have is limited time, so some of the replies may be short

Dot, you hit the nail on the head

The idea of the post in the first place was to bring this matter to the managements attention as I see value in it for a business related website