By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Tried to get a Scottish gov coronavirus grant - useless!

E

Employer

Today I have been trying to locate any financial assistance for my SME which has lost siginficant work as a consequence of the coronavirus. Called the Scottish government and while others are raking in £10k and £25k I have fallen between the cracks and so far nothing I can claim - cant even furlough because as a director I will still need to service those clients that are left. Aparently a new scheme is on the way next week with £100m funding for those who have not received help yet - I wont hold my breath!

Needhelp

Needhelp

Every government is the same - jam tomorrow.

However, dont give up, keep on battling and make sure you get was is due to you. Don't forget that your competitors will be looking for this money as well!

G

Goingitalone

Dont give up, there is funding out there but you need to keep at it.

What is the new £100m scheme all about?

E

Employer

I got there in the end but the government is a joke - all governments!

I always think that politicians should be business people first then politicians not the other way round!

Needhelp

Needhelp

How come the bounceback loan system, run by banks, is extremely straightforward but anything administered by the government is a farce?