By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Top 5 Tips to Raising Your Business Profile

M

Maritza

Hi
Here are my top 5 tips to raise your business profile:
The first step to raising your profile is to believe that you can do it! It can seem a bit daunting if you have not approached press before or been featured – remember you are the expert on you and you have skills or products that can benefit people so promote yourself and let people know how you can help them.
Step 2 - Get clear on what your core message is. What type of business are you? Who is your ideal type of customer? The clearer you can be on what the message is that you want to put across, the better you will come across.
Step 3 – Decide what type of media you would like to be featured in. Radio? TV? Newspapers? Local or national press? It’s always advisable to start locally if you are new to it. Research is the key. Take note of the type of subjects that are covered, their tone and content. Could something that you do fit in?
Step 4 – Write a press release ideally from a human interest angle, news worthy and relevant to the media you are approaching giving information on you and the message you want to put across
Step 5 – Contact the media outlets you wish to approach get a contact names and email addresses. Email your press release and follow up with a phone call in the next couple of days.
You can get a free audio download with further info at my website Maritza Duncan :: PR Coach & Radio Presenter
Let me know how you get on
Maritza

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Maritza,

Thanks for the post and welcome to SBF! :)

Please feel free to also post an introduction should you so wish :)

Can't really disagree with the tips you have mentioned, sound advice.

BWRAO

BWRAO

Some great advice Maritza – especially your first two steps.

I'd say there are other ways for businesses of all sizes to get attention. Many are free and require little more than a well-crafted plan, some interesting stories, and time to commit to having conversations with their customers. I'm of course referring to social media platforms.

I'm not claiming to be an expert – there are quite enough already – but integrating new and traditional channels is something I have proven experience in and I'd be cautious of any business in this climate throwing all their communication budget behind traditional media where they're fighting against very large and established national and international brands.

Can you imagine trying to compete for attention in the same TV ad break as Nike's Write The Future for instance?

Alan
Alan Kittle Black White and Red All Over Integrated Advertising Concepts

SOTRC

Thanks for sharing your tips. :thumbup:

I'm in the process of writing a press release for local publications. Hopefully it'll help for my business locally.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking