By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Timeline of the internet

Kevin

I have started a project and would really like everyones feedback on it please. Its a timeline of the internet and i have started with two articles that i think are really intresting comments please.

Dr. Vannevar Bush and the Memex
Packet switching

Hope you enjoy :)

"A cheap and simple device, which might be carried in one's pocket may then be set up anywhere on sea or land, and it will record the world's news or such special messages as may be intended for it. Thus the earth will be converted into a huge brain...the system will have a virtually infinite working capacity and immensely facilitate and cheapen the transmission of intelligence."

Nikola Tesla (1904)

Blackberry pie anyone? :)

Idea15

Idea15

Wowsa!

I recently read a book you might enjoy called "A Computer Called Leo", which was about the first computer (being a thing with vacuum tubes the size of a house) designed for private commercial usage and not for the government and military. It was a British made initiative for Lyons Tea Shops, of all places. A great read.

PC

PC

"A cheap and simple device, which might be carried in one's pocket may then be set up anywhere on sea or land, and it will record the world's news or such special messages as may be intended for it. Thus the earth will be converted into a huge brain...the system will have a virtually infinite working capacity and immensely facilitate and cheapen the transmission of intelligence."
Someone's foretelling the arrival of the iPhone 2.0 :p

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking