By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Time For A Stock Market Index Of Scottish Companies?

Businessman

Businessman

I think it might be a useful thing for some enterprising IT tech with time on their hands to do. We do live in a world where the tail of (often vacuous) statistics wag the dog of reality. And, if done in a truly honest and objective way - which I don't think was what happened in relation to that article - the analysis might give a clue to 'something'. - What, exactly, I'm unsure...

MarkB

MarkB

Staff member
It might give a general trend for Scottish based companies but they are likely to have most of their sales outside of Scotland so, as you say, it will show something but not sure what.

Businessman

Businessman

As you might expect ;) I'm also uncomfortable with the notion that watching the statistical performance (which in itself is easily pauchled) of a tiny minority, actually reflects the reality of Scottish (or for that matter British) business...