By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Threads don't get marked as read...

stugster

stugster

Is this happening to anyone else? You go in and either read a thread or reply to a thread, then come back out to the main forums homepage and the thistle icon still shows the area as having unread posts?

I think I know why - but I want to be sure it's the forums and not just me that are at fault! :)

Me? At fault!? :huh:

stugster

stugster

Ok... I've fixed it.

There's a good chance that most people will see all the forum topics have a few threads inside each one that doesn't look like they've been read. This is ok - the new system wants to let you know it doesn't think you've read them.

You can double click the Thistle icon to mark the entire topic as read - or you can nip in and have a wee read! :)

This wont happen again - from now on, all new threads/unread threads will be marked as normal.

The original problem should also be fixed :)

stugster

stugster

The blue thistle should only appear as blue when there is an unread post in that section. (i.e. looking like this:
)

Once that section has been fully read and there are no more new posts inside it, it should look like this:

Brian McIntosh

And if it makes any difference, every post within each forum header going back to the 12th of January is marked as not read.

stugster

stugster

That makes sense :)

THe change I did will automatically make it seem as tho you haven't read the posts from that date.

If you nip in and read them all again ...... or just double click the thistle. It will mark them as read :)

Gordon N

Gordon N

Or go to the 'Quick Links' menu at the top and select 'Mark Forums Read'