By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Things That Aren't As Good As They Used To Be.....

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

OK so just for a bit of fun - there are no rules

What things aren't as good as they used to be?

I'll start it off.....

Starburst - do you remember when they used to be called Opal Fruits? :)

Lime used to be my favourite but they now seem to be much smaller than they used to be and not as much flavour either :(

Let's hear yours :)

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Childhood. I know that seems a bit "out there" to say, but I do honestly believe that it was better when it was simpler - i.e. without the constant distraction of endless technology!

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I have two young daughter's aged 9 and 6. They both have iPads etc and I'm always amazed at just how quickly they pick up things like this.

You're right Gemma the world is moving fast becuase of all this technology. I'm in my early thirties and the internet was only just becoming mainstream when I was leaving school!

I remember spending my days palying golf and football in my teens. It's not like that now!

Now I feel old :p

saltire

saltire

Doctors ... I remember a while back being able to see what would be termed a family doctor. They would know your history, ask how the family was getting on etc.

Now you see whoever is free, they always ask the same questions and it's generally just inconsistent. :mad:

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Creme Eggs. Maybe my mouth has just gotten bigger but they seem to be getting smaller :rolleyes:
I thought this when I saw one this year!! Absolutely no way are they are big as they were!

P

Pete Brindle

Games. When I was younger (okay, a long time ago) it was all about board games and family interaction and when the first types of games consoles came in it was very simple with very little gore and realistic violence. Some of the games that people are addicted to these days actually shocks me.

B

Branded Merchandise

Football!

Back when we could look forward to a World Cup rather than hoping England don't win it. The thought of England winning it makes me sigh, purely because it will forever be mentioned in any football discussion, like 1966

"Welcome to the under 12's game between Kazahkstan and Armenia. It's really poor weather here tonight. Lots of rain and wind. You know, similar weather conditions to 1966 when England won the world cup. In 1966. Against Germany. When we won the world cup."

That was a needless rant to be fair!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Football!

Back when we could look forward to a World Cup rather than hoping England don't win it. The thought of England winning it makes me sigh, purely because it will forever be mentioned in any football discussion, like 1966

"Welcome to the under 12's game between Kazahkstan and Armenia. It's really poor weather here tonight. Lots of rain and wind. You know, similar weather conditions to 1966 when England won the world cup. In 1966. Against Germany. When we won the world cup."

That was a needless rant to be fair!
"Today, we are playing with a spherical ball on a green pitch.. just like in 1966 when England won the World Cup"!!

saltire

saltire

England win the World Cup LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

B

Branded Merchandise

England win the World Cup LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
Haha nightmare. Maybe we are being a bit harsh on them. The team isn't actually that unlikeable now that John Terry and Ashley Cole have gone.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Haha nightmare. Maybe we are being a bit harsh on them. The team isn't actually that unlikeable now that John Terry and Ashley Cole have gone.
That's a fair point actually. I was actually saying the other day that we should give Roy Hodgson some credit for picking such a young team and not relying so much on the old guard. I'll still be supporting Italy and Uruguay though :p

Keeping things on topic though Pizza has changed. Before it was just a circle of dough with some toppings but now they do them with holes in the middle and things stuffed in the crust. Just not pizza...... bring back proper pizza!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I've thought of another one..

Cinema. It used to be such an occasion to go to the cinema. Amazing yet affordable. Now there are films rolled out every 4 minutes and there are so many showings of each one that you rarely get a full cinema. Then you're charged goodness knows how much, searched before you go in, and then have to pay a fortune if you want a snack or a drink!

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking