By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

The Magic of Thinking BIG!

• Thread starter Power Lunch Club
  • Start date
Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

I am in the process of readiing the book, 'The Magic of Thinking Big' again at the moment. I forgot how good it was. I extracated a little passage that I read quite regularly, which help me keep focused on the goals (gets my mindset right) to help me drive my business forward.

Hope you find it as useful as I do....

Step 1: Believe it can be done. This is pretty self-explanatory. In order for us to do anything, we first must believe it can be done. Once we have that belief, it sets the mind in motion to find ways to accomplish it.
Step 2: Don’t get paralyzed by tradition. Too many of us think that something cannot change because that’s the way it always has been and always will be. Instead, experiment. Be open to new ideas. Try out new ways of doing the same thing. Be progressive in all that you do.
Step 3: Ask yourself daily, “How can I do better?” Self-improvement in all areas of life come when we ask ourselves this question and take the time to listen to what our mind presents to us.
Step 4: Ask yourself, “How can I do more?” Asking this type of question forces the mind to figure out ways to find intelligent short-cuts.
Step 5: Practice asking and listening. Take advantage of leveraging others’ knowledge.
Step 6: Associate and surround yourself with people who can help you to think of new ideas and new ways of doing things.