By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

The Internet is still a baby . .

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Great articles Tom :)

I think Tim is bang on when he says the internet is still in it's infancy. Only the other day Matt made some comments about the lack of quality results from web searches. This is because search engines and the internet are still young. The web is in fact only one part of the internet and I for one i'm excited about the possibilities.

The second article about the two-tier web doesn't really surprise me at all. ISP's have recently been moaning about the iPlayer in the UK becuase of the drain it puts on their resources. He's right that a two tier system wont work and is actually against the whole ethos of the internet anyway so i'm not sure if that will catch on.

TomB

TomB

I have to agree i think the current internet is only the tip of the iceberg.

there is so much scope out there so many creative minds, i think bigger things are definitely coming. :D

The second article is just another example of greedy corporations, I mean they all fight four custom, but what's the point them pumping all their money into flash advertising campaigns if there infrastructures can't cope with the demand.

I mean Virgin is soon to be offering 50MB broadband. I've got 4MB broadband from them and most days it struggles to get a 1MB download, how the hell is the infrastructure going to cope with that?

I'll believe it when i see it :D