By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

The Apprentice 2008

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Another episode on tomorrow night. Anyone want to make any predictions as to who will be getting fired?

:)

S

ScottJ

I met him once a few years ago and went to his London office/apartment he had at the time, scary bloke, he certainly has a presence about him.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Quite an interesting episode. I think the team that won were extremely lucky having done that deal at the very end although I did start to cringe when the mention of exclusivity was mentioned. I dont think they would have won even if they did take the most given Mr Sugar's comments.

I dont think he fired the right one though, I think Jen should of have went but I think the team have the measure of her. I still standy by my thinking that the winner will be female the only male who I think has a chance may be Kevin (doesn't he remind you of Daffyd from Little Britain or is it just me ?) :p

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
I didn't expect her to get fired! I was almost 100% sure Jen was getting the chop.

Then I realised... that wouldn't make good telly :p Keeping Jen on with Lucinda means guaranteed upset/turmoil in next the episode!

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

The Apprentice is back on our screend tonight folks :) The task tonigh will be to create a themed card for a new special event. I've heard that one of the teams is going for a "Happy Boob Job" which will be interesting in the boardroom :p

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I didn't manage to comment on last weeks Aprrentice as I was at our very first meetup but anyway, it's back on our screens tonight with the hopeless people at the NEC doing some sort of wedding fayre.

Anyone want to make any early predictions on who will be fired tonight? :p

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Not a great episode last night. I think it was only a matter of time before Sara bit the dust. Michael seems to be the cat with nine lives and there was a few moments last night where I thought SAS was going to sack two people this week as well.

It's amazing just how much Lucinda has came on in the last few weeks as well. Not much in the way of lessons this week, it kind of boiled down to poor product selection ultimately.

Next week is the advertising task where they will have to come up with two new brands of toilet roll. Should be an interesting show :)

Well, last week, poor Sarah a tragedy IMHO ....mainly because I'm a sucker for a pair of big brown eyes.... I may be forced to rush to her side to comfort her (or possibly scare the 'kin life out of her :D )

Two gawd awful ads this week.... Ok so none of them are TV producers :) But the 'good' ad (that lost!) was clearly nailed together by the guy driving the edit suite... The other was.... well just rubbish!

If ever an episode illustrated this as just 'car crash TV' this was it..... and with no eye-candy left I'm rapidly losing interest....

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I didn't think there was much Eye Candy in it in the first place Matt :p maybe Jennifer as i'm a sucker for an Irish accent (I have to say that or the wife will kill me!)

It wasn't one of the better episodes I would agree, probably more of a how to not do advertising than anything else. I was surprised he fired Raef and I thought Michael was a dead cert for the chop. On reflection though you couldn't see Raef working for SAS.

Six left and to be honest you've as much chance of picking the winner as Gretna winning the SPL!

TomB

TomB

Well i guess that depends on what your cup of tea is . .

there's a least one piece of eye candy for me anyway . .

We watched the end of that programme, when they started arguing and passing the blame amongst them it was painful for me to watch. If i had employees like that i would find it very hard not to slap them.

T

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

The boardroom stuff is a bit desperate I have to agree. Michael aka nine lives seems to have become a veteran at getting out of the boardroom without being fired.

Well my particular cup of tea happens to be short, dark and sultry..... Somehow though I keep winding up with short, dark and psychotic :p Which merely serves to show just how flawed my judgement is... :D

Well, all this makes me more and more inclined to think that the priority is to make good telly rather than say anything meaningful about either business practice or executive recruitment.... The thing about all these reality shows is that they're aye pretty unreal....

If you take the last two to be fired; I'd have pegged them and their behaviour as being closer to what I'd expect of business people that what we're seeing from the looneys that are left... Teflon Mike's a good example... The guy's a flim-flam artist pure and simple. Claire ...absolutely full of bull.

Neither of them are people I'd do business with and I wouldn't rate either them as credible professionals; they're spivs! And, for their years, very immature ones at that!

You'd need to be a bit desperate, a bit of a fake and and a bit of a 'wannabee' rather than a serious professional to get involved with this programme in the first place. Sarah and Raef (and most of the others who are gone) at least walked away with some of their dignity intact.....

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

It's my favourite week of The Apprentice this week. Interview time! It's great to see them all squirm :p Not really sure how many will go this week as normally this is the second last week so i'm thinking three will be getting the boot.

Shaping up to be an interesting episode I think :)