By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Tell Us Your Most Impressive (yet Mostly Useless) Facts

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

So here's a little challenge for you all.

Tell us your amazing facts that you you think will most impress us. I'll maybe give a little prize to the best one :)

I'll start with this:

Coca-Cola would be green if colouring weren’t added to it.

Did you know that? :p

M

Mike Turner

So here's a little challenge for you all.

Tell us your amazing facts that you you think will most impress us. I'll maybe give a little prize to the best one :)

I'll start with this:

Coca-Cola would be green if colouring weren’t added to it.

Did you know that? :p
Similar fact!

Father Christmas had a green coat before Coca-Cola got their hands on him. Very strange thought indeed.

And, technically, every time someone publishes anything with the red version on, Coke could ask for a royalty payment.. at least if they ever get into trouble they have a guaranteed lawsuit haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Father Christmas had a green coat before Coca-Cola got their hands on him. Very strange thought indeed.
Hmm that's very sinister!

Here's another one that I quite like - The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle. :)

Gordon N

Gordon N

Having done my best to be that annoying person at the end of a course/lesson/meeting when asked "does anyone have any questions?", I always used to ask "What noise does a giraffe make?" :)

Turns out, having watched a documentary on Discovery baby giraffes do in fact make a noise - but my useless fact is...

Adult giraffes do not generally make a noise of any notable form

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

That has to be the best useless fact so far Gordon :)

Good to see you on here again - hope you and the family are well :)

M

Mike Turner

I always knew they were quiet, but I never realised that they don't make any noise at all. I'm actually tempted to do some research now about exactly how they communicate if this is the case!

Apparently, if you sneeze with your eyes open, they pop out. Not sure who tested this, but I'm leaving it as a thought rather than trying to test it..!

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Apparently, if you sneeze with your eyes open, they pop out. Not sure who tested this, but I'm leaving it as a thought rather than trying to test it..!
Weirdly enough my understanding of this is that you can't sneeze with your eyes open - maybe it's for that reason :eek:

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I have heard a similar thing where apparently if you sneeze 7 times in a row you have a stroke, but my mum always sneezes 8 times in a row (EVERY time lol) and it hasn't happened.

L

Lauren Turner

Coca-Cola didn't make Santa red, Mike, read about it on their website. There were red Santas before, however they definitely did shape the "Santa" that we see today, but they couldn't charge anyone for using the image or anything like that.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Coca-Cola didn't make Santa red, Mike, read about it on their website. There were red Santas before, however they definitely did shape the "Santa" that we see today, but they couldn't charge anyone for using the image or anything like that.
This is actually one of the most interesting facts I've read personally, because I honestly did believe that it was the case that Coke did it. It's just something that a lot of people say, but I've never bothered to properly verify it for myself! So thank you for setting the record straight about it here.

P

Pete Brindle

There are more stars than there are grains of sand on all of the beaches on our planet. That blows my mind when I think about it too much!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

There are more stars than there are grains of sand on all of the beaches on our planet. That blows my mind when I think about it too much!
That's absolutely amazing to think about, especially seeing as we can't see the majority of them. I also think it's amazing how many more stars you can see when you're in the countryside than you can when you're in a city. All of the light pollution completely ruins things.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Some good ones here :) Keep them coming!

Here's another from me. Did you know that the electric chair was invented by a dentist?

I'm thinking I prefer dental trips the way they are :p

M

Mike Turner

Some good ones here :) Keep them coming!

Here's another from me. Did you know that the electric chair was invented by a dentist?

I'm thinking I prefer dental trips the way they are :p
Oh I'm glad he isn't my dentist. I wonder if he used it on his patients.. and why! Why would that be an invention that would come to someone's mind in the first place??

Last edited by a moderator:
MapleTree

MapleTree

I've got one! "Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order :)

MapleTree

MapleTree

Also! The state of Texas has its own power grid to avoid dealing with the US federal government.

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking