By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Tax Systems Going Digital - Is Your Business Struggling?

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

The past few years has seen HMRC move it's focus to doing much more online. The introduction of RTI last year was probably one if it's biggest steps yet. I speak to lot's of businesses who have issues about being "forced" down this route.

An interesting study from the AAT also seems to suggest that small and micro-businesses are finding it hard moving to these new systems >> see the article here http://www.aat.org.uk/about-aat/press-releases/micro-businesses

How are you finding the new HMRC systems? Are you still filing by paper or have you made the switch online? We'd love to hear your thoughts :)

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Both myself and my business file online - in fact as an individual I have never done anything else. I think that as long as you keep up to date with the figures during the year (or have an accountant who will do it for you) you should find that you can file without too much of a problem at the end of it.