By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Summary: Enterprising News Launch at Malmaison Edinburgh

Tim Barlow

Tim Barlow

I am at the launch (for advertising agencies, PR professionals etc) for the Scotland wide publication - Enterprising News. Here's my summary of the presentation that ran between 9.15 and 10am this morning.

• Targeting SME's (for SME's, not necessarily about SMEs)
  • 27500 circulation
  • Independent - not Scottish Enterprises in house publication. Has been in existence as Enterprising Glasgow for some time, now expanding to Scotland
  • Wanting stories both good news and bad news
  • Happy to critise Quangos - very critical of Visit Scotland in recent article
  • Want big interviews with business leaders
  • 98% of Scottish Businesses are SMEs
  • Launched in 2001 in Glasgow
  • Database of named individuals came from FSB, ScottishEnterprise, Business Gateway, Councils, Chambers, Business Community
  • 2006 launched into "Glasgow Shire" (circulation up to 15,800)
  • Took decision to go nationwide in early 2008
  • All copies distributed to named individuals
  • Other publications target Corporate Scotland not SMEs
  • They believe rate card is very competitive (£22 per column cm)
  • Run seminars & events e.g Scottish Software Awards - keen to do more
  • 6 editions a year, hope to go monthly
  • Giving perception of not intending to keep the website that much more current than newspaper

M

Mark Lister

Hi Tim

Is this your publication, or one you have a connection with? I've got a launch event of my own that would make a good article. I'm launching a coaching and networking program specially for one-person businesses, and we're having a launch party to celebrate.

By the way, everyone's invited - details here:
Business Lounge

cheers

Mark

Tim Barlow

Tim Barlow

Is this your publication, or one you have a connection with?

No, I was merely an invited guest at the event and thought some might be interested in what was said as its a publication targeting an audience not dissimilar to this forum's.

If you wish to promote your event then I beleive that the sub-forum this thread is in allows you to post about events that are of interest to this forums members.

M

Mark Lister

By the way, my apologies if I offended you or anyone else by mentioning my event. I didn't mean to be in your face - it seemed relevant.