By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Suing advice needed

L

Lara Lotus

I am currently about to sue someone. I have two questions.

I am aware he has recently transferred a number of his buy to let mortgages. Can these transactions be overturned? Arguably he has done this to evade creditors

Secondly any properties in his wife's name, of which he pays all the mortgage for btw but he may have been sneaky and put it in her name can creditors have access to his half of those properties even if he is not the legal owner but is the beneficial or equitable owner ?

selfemployed

selfemployed

Verified Member
A few points I would make:-

- Act quickly as he seems to know what he is doing if he is transferring assets
- The longer you leave it the harder it might be to argue he moved assets to avoid paying creditors
- TAKE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE

You will need a lawyer to take this further so start now, ask for proper legal advice. Even if you just record your plans with a lawyer and there is nothing they can do for a while with the virus going around, at least you have effectively time stamped your action.