By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

success rates for small businesses

S

stressmom

Can anyone tell me the success rate of small businesses which have opened within Scotland and the UK in the past five years? The small business realm can be very tricky and I am always curious about the numbers which open and those who manage to create a successful niche for themselves and their services.

M

[email protected]

Not sure about Scotland but in the UK a recent report showed that there were ~470k new start-up businesses in the UK and ~500k business closures.

Big numbers - the key to success is careful planning and taking good third party advice.

How many times have we seen/heard/met someone who has invested 000's in a business idea which clearly has limited/no market.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I had a check online and have to be honest I cant find any definitive figures :( I was under the impression that almost 1/3rd of businesses fail to make it past the first year but I think those stats were a while ago and I think it's also been falling recently as the economy boomed. Interesting to see if anyone can actually find proper statistics for it though.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking