By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Straw Poll - Indpendence Are You Yes Or No?

E

eeyorebob

Just because I'm curious how the forum members are going to vote

I'm a definate Yes - its time we went out on our own

R

Robert Frost

I'm still undecided but am more in the No camp at the moment. Not sure that we have all the answers to the questions I have and not confident that there is the right leadership

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I will be voting "no" there is no doubt in my mind about it. I simply don't see that there is any need to change things, they are fine the way that they are. I think that the UK is better together, and this has been proven in the past. I strongly believe that the majority of people will vote "no" anyway, if I'm being completely honest.

P

Pete Brindle

I'm voting 'yes'. I feel we have a lot of potential as a country that simply isn't allowed to shine, and being in charge of ourselves is a great step forwards to help us deal with this.

M

Mike Turner

After a lot of discussion with friends and family, I can confirm that I have voted NO this morning. Looking forward to seeing the results, although I wouldn't be gutted at all is the YES camp won.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

As you already know, I voted no. I am happy with the way the vote went, but now I feel sorry for those who voted yes, and had an image in their mind of a new Scotland, only to have it snatched away from them. Almost half of the country didn't get their choice, and I can't imagine that it is going to lead to a feeling of satisfaction anytime soon. At least before the referendum it was just a thought, not really a possibility, if that makes sense. It's like dangling a carrot in front of a hungry horse and then taking it away at the last minute.

L

Lauren Turner

It's strange, because whenever I have talked to anybody, it seemed as though camp no was in a huge majority, yet the polls were much closer in the actual result. So perhaps there were lots of people saying yes who came out at the last minute, or maybe those saying no weren't passionate enough about their choice to actually go out and make the vote.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

It's strange, because whenever I have talked to anybody, it seemed as though camp no was in a huge majority, yet the polls were much closer in the actual result. So perhaps there were lots of people saying yes who came out at the last minute, or maybe those saying no weren't passionate enough about their choice to actually go out and make the vote.
I find a lot of people would have panicked on the day as well. Saying something all along and then thinking whether it was the right choice. If there's one thing for sure though, it's that in this situation every single last vote was deadly important, as it could so easily have gone either way when you look at just how close things were in the end.