By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Should You Work Or Go Outside Today?

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Looks like I should go outside! I will be working outside with my laptop anyway, so I can do both at the same time!

Jennie Stamp

Jennie Stamp

Looks like I should go outside! I will be working outside with my laptop anyway, so I can do both at the same time!
That is a complete win win situation! :) I think my fear would be that it would just be too easy to have a nap in the sun ;)

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

That is a complete win win situation! :) I think my fear would be that it would just be too easy to have a nap in the sun ;)
Well I sit just in the shade because I do fall asleep in direct sun haha, so I'm a little bit cooler. With iced water! Yum!

P

Pete Brindle

Our business wouldn't really work outside, as we're teaching music to children, however today we have a little concert this afternoon on a band stand in a local park, and it looks as though the weather should be okay for it, which is great. So for once I can say that I may well be able to work outside!

Jennie Stamp

Jennie Stamp

Our business wouldn't really work outside, as we're teaching music to children, however today we have a little concert this afternoon on a band stand in a local park, and it looks as though the weather should be okay for it, which is great. So for once I can say that I may well be able to work outside!
That sounds brilliant! I hope you and the kids have a fun, sunny afternoon :)

P

Pete Brindle

That sounds brilliant! I hope you and the kids have a fun, sunny afternoon :)
Thank you! Just need to make sure we don't forget everything.. you'll always get a kid forgetting their instrument and ending up in tears, but I'm determined that today will go smoothly!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I am working from home today, and will be spending the day sitting on our balcony watching the trains go by! Beautiful!

P

Pete Brindle

Inside today.. practicing for the end of term concert.. with the kiddie band.. lots of violinists aged between 4 and 6. Bliss??

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

The weather is absolutely rubbish here today, which is a shame because yesterday it was beautiful! Don't think I'll be outside at all today!

Jennie Stamp

Jennie Stamp

Oh no :( Yesterday was rubbish in Edinburgh, torrential rain. Today started off beautiful and sunny, now it's a little dull. Perhaps today should just be a 'working from home in pjs day'? :)

P

Pete Brindle

Oh no :( Yesterday was rubbish in Edinburgh, torrential rain. Today started off beautiful and sunny, now it's a little dull. Perhaps today should just be a 'working from home in pjs day'? :)
I wish I could work in my PJs, but I think the kids might look at me a bit funny!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I can't work in my PJs, it makes me feel seriously unproductive! I have to get dressed and sit down at my desk, in my office. If I started working in PJs there's the chance I might never get dressed again..!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

SUNNY, OUTSIDE TODAY! I have a lovely picnic blanket and a reasonably strong internet connection.. what more could a girl want! Seriously considering actually closing my office and making all posts work from home lol. Actually I will be making a thread about that soon.. watch this space..

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Does anyone have any tips about how to maximise internet signal outside? Lol. I seem to be able to get it in some places, but then in others it disconnects and it's always at a really awkward time as well! The sun moves during the day and I can never find somewhere to sit first thing!

MapleTree

MapleTree

It's VERY sunny and hot today. I need to go out and get the shopping but I'm dreading the heat! :eek: