By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

SEO reviews - how do you deliver them?

S

Sally

When you do an seo reveiw of a website how do you deliver that information?

It is not often I come across something and feel the need to rush around forums I use extolling it's virtues but today I feel the need.

I received an email from SEO consultant in London who I met through facebook and was completely blown away by his method of transmitting information to me.

His email contained a short 10 minute video, which I could download and watch.

It showed him clicking through my website pages and blog to demonstrate what he was discussing. However because it was visual I immediately understood the information and could clearly see what he was referring to.

Had he sent the same information in text I would be totally lost.

He then directs me to his forum if I have any questions about the review.

I thought it would be something for you to consider if you do not already use this method of communication, as a customer I was so impressed and talk about building customer loyalty ..... very clever indeed.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I'm pretty sure the software used to do this is called Camtasia. I agree Sally seeing this being commented on as they look at your site is very powerful. I actually toyed with putting some videos on here mostly to do with how to post, add a signature etc. I may still do that. :)

polr

polr

That seems like a great idea and imaginative. Just now we give out a PDF and we generally also have to meet the client and run through it all. Seems to work though, maybe its the face-to-face meeting that swings it?

Lynne

TomB

TomB

I've never been approached to do it for an existing website :(

Its always been part of work I've done for them whether its web re-design or a new website.

But never say never. :D

A video review of the site seems like a really good idea, you know you get to see the problems, and hear the persons views and comments, sometimes i find its easier to visually see what someone it talking about than to just try and see it on paper.

however If a company approached me doing all that, I'd have a feeling I'd be getting a fairly large bill with is as well.

You can use Adobe Captivate to do this as well, it can record your screen, or the program you are using, then allow you to add tooltips, voiceovers etc, very useful for software demo's

T

alanbold

I use adobe captivate and its a great program but im wondering how big the file size of the videos? I am having problems sending large files to some clients due to the smallish limit on their email attachments. I suppose i could zip them or setup an ftp server that they could access but some of my clients just arent too techie. Often i just burn the files to cd and post them special delivery...and charge them. Anyone else have similar problems