By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Scottish beaches;

Boxby

So, which one of our lovely scottish beaches did you visit this weekend? And what kind of a condition are they in?

I'm in Girvan, and we don't appear to have the beach sweeper any longer, which is a shame as it does get rid of all those bottle top type rubbish on the beach. But the main beach was pretty good.

I also went a bit further down to the coast to lendalfoot, which was delightfully natural, with very little rubbish, and very sheltered.

I don't know if any of the beaches water quality, but the kids all had fun, and I slung them in the bath when we got home!

Brian McIntosh

I managed to get an hour or so on St Cyrus beach yesterday. It's pretty clean and there is always quite a lot of people out for walks. The one thing that really annoys me is the amount of people who pick up dog crap after their dogs, tie up the bag and then throw it away. I'm finding this more and more. Anyway, rant over. I'm very lucky to stay near St Cyrus beach and the beach at Lunan. I think Lunan was voted the best beach in Scotland a couple of years ago. I've not much experience of West Coast beaches but I stayed in Islay a few years ago and the beaches there were stunning.

nothing does

nothing does

I came down with 'man flu' so spent most of the weekend moaning!

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

We're very lucky over in Fife as we have most of the Blue flag beaches in Scotland. Aberdour for example is only a 20 minute cycle ride from where we live. We were up at Loch Tummel over the weekend so didn't get to the beach but we visit Aberdour every few weeks :)

polr

polr

This weekend I was working so never got to see the sun at all :-(

Best beach I know is about 2miles outside Cullen, Moray (sunnyside beach I think its called). Can walk it from Cullen, it's really sheltered and private - calls out for a nice long BBQ and bottle of wine. Went up a few years ago in March, ended up sunbathing and paddling while Glasgow had frost!

Leisure Trails around Cullen

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking