By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

SBF now on the iPhone

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I'm not sure how many people actually have iPhones on here but as it didn't take long I decided to make SBF iphone compatible. I'm looking to test it out so if anyone has an iphone please read on.

All you need to do is go to the App Store on your iPhone/iPod or Ipad and look for an app called ForumRunner. They have a free version and a paid for version. Download this and you should then be able to access SBF.

You can login, post to forums and pretty much do what you can do on the forums. I've only just added it so not had time to fully test it so hoping others can let me know what they think.

I know many people will not have an Iphone but I just feel that it opens up another way for people to access the forums and the fact the install was very easy and the basic app is also free means that it was worth testing at least. :)

Canary Dwarf

Canary Dwarf

Hi

I look forward to trying this and will give you my honest opinion.

When you use twitter and facebook, which have a high uptake of users on mobile devices it's important that the links go to mobile-compatible sites.

I regularly click on your tweets when mobile, and while the full site does display and work well on the iPhone, it does take a lot of pinching and zooming, so I look forward to something that makes that process easier.

I'll let you know what I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
frockery

frockery

I'll give it a try, . :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gordon N

Gordon N

Gave it a blast the other night on my iPod touch - works like a charm, and makes iPhone/iPod navigation through the forums and messages far easier. :)

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Yep my experience of it so far has also been pretty good. One thing I have noticed is that the take up of other forums is pretty poor which seems a shame.

It's essentially just another way for people to access the forums and if it makes things easier or more convenient then that can only be a good thing :)

frockery

frockery

OK, I can read everything from here on my iphone now. Piece of cake. :thumbup1:

Am I supposed to be able to post stuff as well? That was not immediately obvious.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Alison,

Posting this from the iPhone. I have a feeling you might need the paid version of the forum runner app to post :(

Tell you what I'm gonna see if I can get a few copies to give away to people who will use it. Watch this space :)

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking