By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

SBF now on Ecademy

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Forums has recently joined the ranks of Ecademy. We're hoping to get involved with the Scottish clubs who in turn we hope will support Scottish Business Forums.

We are still finding our feet with it but if any of you are on Ecademy we'd be happy to connect.

Link to our profile below

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bennysweeney

Hi ,
I was a member of Ecademy for several months but didn't find the network in Scotland to be of much use. The English regional groups seem much more committed. (As with most networks, I've found.) The Glasgow group did aim/claim to meet monthly, but depended on having a guest speaker to boost attendance. I joined a group in Ayrshire and tried to get local members interested, but had little luck. Apathy abounds. I didn't get much joy out of the online networks, again because most activities take place down south. Thesmallbusinessclub in Scotland is growing quite nicely - worth googling. I've told tem about you! Keep trying to build the network! Good luck.
Benny Sweeney

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Benny,

I have to agree with everything you say. Ecademy in Scotland doesn't appear to be that active. On the plus side I think this gives us an opportunity to be the standard for Scotland and I think we can acheive this.

I also know of theSmallBusinessClub and think it's a great setup and a good balance of structured learning and networking. I wanted to try and create relationships with the offline networking companies in Scotland because I feel we could help each other alot. It's not been that well received to be honest which is a shame. I'm not too disheartened because I will keep plugging away and as the forums get bigger etc hopefully the justifications for working together become more compelling. :)

TomB

TomB

Well you've done a grand job so far!!

The place is much nicer than that a certain other business forum that shall not be named :D

I'm spreading the word as well, everbody i know has been told about you.

Have you considered getting articles in the leither, lots of small businesses in leith, and also the leither is a small business as well!!!

I might drop them a wee email see if i can't get the place mentioned, unless you rather do it ?

T

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Thanks for the comments Tom, I'm trying to bring together all the contact etc so that I can look at the PR side. Nearly finished the list of publications and contacts. Your help on that was also invaluable :)

TomB

TomB

Not at all, anytime!!

Like Said i really enjoy the site and the conversations we have and am more than happy to promote it.

Also that business partnership formation i mentioned will be something i'll be talking to you about soon. I can't mention details until its formed and registered but after that all will be revealed as they say :D

Brian

, i'll be sure to add you to my contacts :p Although I will add that as you pointed out Ecademy is not that active in Scotland. Is it just me or has online networking never really caught on in Scotland either?

Brian IFA

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking