By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

SBF Joins Twitter

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Just dipping my toe in the water but have decided to give Twitter a try for the next few months just to see how it all works :)

If you're on Twitter please let me know so we can perhaps follow each other (I believe that is the term :p)

For people who are using it, do you have any tips on how to get the most out of it? What do you actually use Twitter for?

We are ForumsBizScot on Twitter for anyone interested. Signature to be updated soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dizzydiza

Do you have time to twitter?.....it takes so much time already surfing the business websites, maintaining websites created, updating blogs!
;)

Brian McIntosh

I've had a look at Twitter but unless you were in front of a computer all day I couldn't see the point. It'll be interesting to see how you get on with it . I'll go and try to find you.

Brian McIntosh

OK, after much machinations I'm following you now . For some reason I'm also following Alison at Frockery as well but don't quite know why. :w00t:

Brian McIntosh

Just accidentally found this article on Stephen Fry and his use of Twitter. You'll need to go some .

F

findnetworkingevents

Hi ,

I started using Twitter recently. I was a bit sceptical to start with I must admit, but it definitely has it's uses if you use it properly (i'm still learning!).

I think you have to tweet about stuff people are interested in and be careful not to post back to your own site too much as then it becomes spam.

Personally I am not interested in what people had for breakfast, maybe that's an argument for having a personal and a business twitter account!

You can follow me on Twitter / findnetworking.

Cheers

Stuart

Gordon N

Gordon N

I'm following you too, look out for 'bignaz' that's me!

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I think i'm now following you all :)

I'll be trying to find my feet with this over the next few weeks. Found a great app for my Blackberry called Twitterberry which is free and allows me to "tweet" direct from my Blackberry so will be trying that also.

If any one has any tips etc please feel free to share :)

stugster

stugster

I haven't signed up yet :p

I already waste my days away on silly forums ;)

Brian McIntosh

Got an email today to tell me some random woman, not you Alison, is now following me. She's into terrain dancing :confused1: and something spiritual that I don't quite understand. Do I have a stalker? Frankly, I'm feart. :blushing:

polr

polr

I've been a member for a long while now and have updated abou 10 times!Just can't get into it at all. You can follow me at @polrweb.

Brian McIntosh

I don't know what the hell terrain dancing is. When I looked up who she was, she was speaking about running up and down hills while doing a dance. It's good for your chakra apparently. :001_tongue:

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Gordon,

I dont seem to be able to find you on Twitter :(

Are you under some secret code name that's on a need to know basis? :p

Adventurelife

Adventurelife

Just joined, think I get it one moment then totally confused the next and do not get it. Still that will go with the zillion other things I do not get in this world :001_rolleyes:

abs

abs

How on earth do you all get the time to Twitter, Facebook etc? I have difficulty keeping up with this forum!

Latest Posts