By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Santander bring all call centres back to the UK!

stugster

stugster

As the title ;)

Santander (voted second worst for customer service in the UK recently in a Telegraph/Guardian report) (with TalkTalk coming worst) have taken drastic action and pulled the plug on all call centres in India.

To be fair, nine times out of ten I phoned up for Business Banking I spoke to someone in Glasgow but there was the odd occasion I wasn't. My beef wasn't the fact they're from India (My Dell representative is based in India and is so much more helpful than a UK counter-part). My issue is the call quality. Every single time I was put through to a bank assistant in India the call quality was just shocking.

Telegraph article about the shake-up here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8624959/Santander-brings-India-call-centres-back-to-UK.html

What are your thoughts? Does this mean they'll be having to find the money for this from somewhere else? Will they just take the hit? Could this be the end of free business banking from them?

N

Negotiate Now

I hardly think it will be the end of their business banking. Perhaps they had too many complaints about the Indian call centres or there is another agenda. We'll just have to wait and see if they open call centres here or opt for the "click for online help" method on the web which has automated answers.
http://www.negotiatenow.co.uk

stugster

stugster

Sorry, I meant free business banking, i.e. will they start charging now?