By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Royal Mail loses

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

An interesting story developing around Royal Mail. I read yesterday that Postcomm have said Royal Mail cant survive in the current climate and that the competition introduced has really only helped big business and no one else.

Royal Mail loses

Well, small mailshots are something I used to do on a regular basis, but the price of a second class stamp has made that a less attractive proposition these days.

Often I have to send and receive tapes, DVDs and other media from one place to another..... Too often the attitude of the receiving post office is that THEY'RE doing YOU a favour and theirs staff can be rude and obstructive. Likewise, whilst our regular postie is a diamond the service from relief postmen can be diabolical.... Several times I've had to complain about them not attempting to deliver parcels but just putting 'you were out' slips through the door with out so much as knocking....

As for all the crap about the size of the letter attracting a higher price..... :rolleyes: It's just another example of what happens when you hand an essential core service over to asset strippers....

TomB

TomB

God Royal Mail,

Should be known as Useless Mail. I sometimes wonder if it would be easier to just hand deliver mail myself, it would certainly be quicker.

I don't think the governement shouldn't bail them out, let them compete for the business like every other business does. We all compete with other firms for clients and customers why should they be any different.

The other firms that are offering postal services are mainly for businesses though aren't they. I haven't really seen anything for general use?

T

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking