By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Resources for learning about Adwords

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I'd like to spend a little time getting to know a little more about Adwords etc. Theres a huge amount of information online which is frankly overwhelming.

Can I have some suggestions for resources online that I can visit etc? Is there anyone that's like THE expert in this?

:)

Kevin

hi ,

The best resource for this is a book by Marshall Tood "the Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords" he also offers online trainning programs by co writer Perry Marshal Perry Marshall - Google Adwords and Guerilla Marketing

I would also point out if you want to learn more about it Google is the best place for this as you will know that the info is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim Barlow

Tim Barlow

Andrew Goodman's "Winning with Google AdWords" provides a slightly less guerilla approach. The original is pretty dated now but a 2nd edition is coming out soon. If you want a shorter free online read then I suspect Andrew's e-book would be worth a read.

Brad Geddes is well worth following.

Tim Barlow

Tim Barlow

I probably should have mentioned the forthcoming AdWords course being run by the Edinburgh Chamber (disclaimer - I am the trainer!)

Tim Barlow

Tim Barlow

the best resources for adwords

I agree that they are good resources but they are of course Google's view. In a lot of cases Google's interests are directly aligned with advertisers', but it isn't always the case e.g. telling us exactly how quality score is calculated.