By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Rejected for Covid 19 grants - advice

M

MForgey

Hello everyone,

Great to be here! this business forum is amazing, I’ve been wanting to join for a long time. I hope the information I’ll give back to people is of knowledgeable advice.

First I need a little advice myself. It is with regards to coronavirus 19 government business grants.

I own a small company that was a startup just before the pandemic I have no staff. My company is the sole distributor of a European disability product (wheelchairs).

I have applied for grants available from the UK gov and my local council but have been rejected. I have lost a huge amount of business and my company is barely surviving. In my opinion, I meet the eligibility on many parts, for instance I could not operate as my business involves meeting disabled persons at their property. A lot of disabled individuals were categorised as extremely clinically vulnerable accompanied with government advice to shield. I was also prevented from dealing with businesses that were shut during lockdown such as retail, bars cafés restaurants etc.

Does anyone know if there is an appeal process?

Also does anyone know if any grants are still available to apply for?

kind regards,

Mike

Millwood

Millwood

In fact, I am almost sure that it is simply unacceptable stupidity to closely link the construction of a business and the aggravation of the coronavirus. Just stupidity! Why should you be denied doing business just because of a general pandemic. Especially considering that you are delivering a very important product. Even vital. I think you could easily organize the work of your company. Your employees could take covid test for travel to meet packages sent from suppliers and delivery to customers. This is all one would think if there was an opportunity for this.

Maricores

Maricores

haven't you heard him?! he has no employees...

Grants and payments from schemes to support businesses and self-employed individuals during coronavirus (COVID-19) are taxable. Who should report a grant or support payment. If you received a payment to support you during COVID-19, you may need to report this on your tax return if you are: self-employed. in a partnership. a business. Which payments you need to report. You need to report grants and payments from COVID-19 support schemes. These include: the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS).

open the gov.uk page and read everything about grants there

P

pxxls51

haven't you heard him?! he has no employees...

Grants and payments from schemes to support businesses and self-employed individuals during coronavirus (COVID-19) are taxable. Who should report a grant or support payment. If you received a payment to support you during COVID-19, you may need to report this on your tax return if you are: self-employed. in a partnership. a business. Which payments you need to report. You need to report grants and payments from COVID-19 support schemes. These include: the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS).

open the gov.uk page and read everything about grants there
bro, thanks for sharing
I didn't know they actually have such credits/grants