By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Rejected for Covid 19 grants - advice

M

MForgey

Hello everyone,

Great to be here! this business forum is amazing, I’ve been wanting to join for a long time. I hope the information I’ll give back to people is of knowledgeable advice.

First I need a little advice myself. It is with regards to coronavirus 19 government business grants.

I own a small company that was a startup just before the pandemic I have no staff. My company is the sole distributor of a European disability product (wheelchairs).

I have applied for grants available from the UK gov and my local council but have been rejected. I have lost a huge amount of business and my company is barely surviving. In my opinion, I meet the eligibility on many parts, for instance I could not operate as my business involves meeting disabled persons at their property. A lot of disabled individuals were categorised as extremely clinically vulnerable accompanied with government advice to shield. I was also prevented from dealing with businesses that were shut during lockdown such as retail, bars cafés restaurants etc.

Does anyone know if there is an appeal process?

Also does anyone know if any grants are still available to apply for?

kind regards,

Mike