By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Quickbooks mac

Wills

Wills

Verified Member
I've been using Quickbooks Pro for many many years and since moving to the Mac platform I require to run my accounts on a Dell pc which is getting very old now. Looking at the Intuit site the only option for Mac users is a new online system which I'm not entirely happy with.

I have searched foe Mac compatible account packages and have been recommended Solar Account 3 which I've downloaded a trial copy the only issue is according to the Solar Account forum I cant import my Quickbooks account data, either I start afresh from a cut off date or try a csv import with a lot of work.

Any recommendations?

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi William,

I have to say that Solar would be my recommendation unless you want to look at some sort of online package. I use Solar with a few clients now and while it's quirky in some ways it's actually a really good system.

I guess the main question you need to ask is how likely are you to need access to the old data as that will really drive what the best option is. At a basic level you would only need to take the closing trial balance across to Solar and then replicate any debtors and creditors balances but this is dependent on your need to access the old data.

If you do want to look at the online side of things then you really do have a myriad of options. Things like Freeagent, Kashflow, Clearbooks spring to mind. :)

Wills

Wills

Verified Member
Thanks guy's, I've had a good look at the other packages and a few more I'm leaning towards the simple approach not trying to run Windows app in virtual modes so Quickbooks is definitely out that means after using QB since the very early 90's they are loosing me as a customer I wonder how many thousands more they lose this way.

I'll come back when I've finally decided.

G

Gouldie0

Hi Wills,

I would look to an online accounts package and this way you don't need to worry about compatibility issues. I offer Accounts Portal to my clients and it covers all aspects of what a small business is looking for. The best thing is the price, through my partner account we can provide you with access to the system for only £5 per month. If you would like an online demonstration please just drop me a PM and I'll get this organised.

Here is the website for more details: Online Accounting Software and Small Business Bookkeeping | AccountsPortal

Kind Regards

Neil

Wills

Wills

Verified Member
Thanks again, I did mention in my OP I wouldn't consider online accountancy it's looking more like Solar being the preference.

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking