By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Privacy Policy for this website

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

As I start to push things forward i'm conscious that we need a decent privacy policy that governs what information etc we gather. I've got access to a number of generic templates which on the face of it look ideal.

Do you think it would be ok to go with something like this or actually look at paying to get some advice? I've seen other forums getting in to libel issues etc and i'd like to make sure we dont go down the same route.

stugster

stugster

It's a good question . The problem is though, no matter what disclaimers you have on the forums, you will still be liable for the content.

It's a horrible topic to discuss, especially when done in a court. Perhaps a generic one for now, and just make sure the forums are moderated so that if a libel notice was to drop into your inbox, something can be done about it immediately.

Normally if you remove the offending material within a given time-frame the people making the complaint are happy.

Last edited by a moderator: