By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Printers

TomB

TomB

Hi All,

Well i'm not sure this is the best place to post this but i couldn't really think which forum would be the best place. Maybe we need a design related forum for things like website critiques, and all that?

Anyway has any body heard of or used Printing + Design | A5 Leaflets, A6 Flyers, Business Cards and Business Stationery

They have some fantastic prices but I'm wondering if its too good to be true?

Also they don't offer samples so I can't tell what the quality is like.

Thanks all.

T

TomB

TomB

I've jsut managed to order a sample pack it was well hidden, i think its teh fact their menu uses a transparent pink background which i find quite hard to read.

Anyway they are member of the FSB same as me, so lets see how it goes.

Could be really good if they are a quality printer.

But if anybody has used them i'd really like to hear from you.

Cheers

Tom

Wills

Wills

Verified Member
Tom I just had a quick look as I'm looking for short runs of A6 glossy cards for the summer they are

TomB

TomB

That is really good i'm looking for a4 leaflets, a6 leaflets, letterheads and business cards for a client.

Of course the print quality could be rubbish, but will wait and see what the sample pack is like.

If I order anything i'll let you know how it went.

T

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

The prices are very good. I thought I knew some cheap printers but those are the best i've seen. It reminds me I need to get some cards designed and printed for SBF.

Gordon N

Gordon N

Get too it guinea pigs! ;)

Let us know what they are like will you, might be after some marketing stuff in the next couple of weeks?

Regards,

Gordon

TomB

TomB

Well I've done some research and found out a few things:

Apparently their customer service is not too good. I read a thread on another certain business forum where the customer had waited 5 weeks for an order.

She said that they never answered their phone or emails.

yet in the same thread as a designer that had used them for 3 years and never had one single problem with them.

hmmm its one of those things i guess where when you know what your doing with artwork and submit it without problems and you don't need to contact them, your order is processed and scheduled and shipped and you have no problems. The problems then start when you need to start contacting them about wrong artwork or formats etc.

So i'm don't know what to do, the prices are fantastic, but i think they may be victims of their own success. The prices are so good that everyone uses them then i don't think they can cope with the demand.

The print 24 hours apparently.

So i think I'll get the samples an order a short run of business cards for myself and see how it goes, if it's good then.

I'll keep you all posted!!

T

frockery

frockery

Will be interested to hear the feedback, Tom. Looks like you are the SBF nominated guinea pig since you found them. :D

TomB

TomB

it does look that way doesn't it :D

I discovered as well that they are members of the FSB and the do a discount for FSB members so it is even cheaper for me.

Maybe we should start a sticky, recommended suppliers with reviews by people that have used them to help with situations like this, or it could be part of the blog?

What does every one think?

On another note, Alison have you seen the learning without limits site yet?

T

frockery

frockery

On another note, Alison have you seen the learning without limits site yet?T
Yes, it eventually decided to make an appearance via plusnet but took its time! I thought I had emailed you to let you know but maybe just imagined it. These lapses happen at my age :)

TomB

TomB

Re: Printers UPDATE

Hi Guys update on the printers.

I got a sample pack and it was great, but they never included anything to say it was from them. The business cards quality was amazing, 400gsm matt laminated very nice

So i ordered 1000 postcards from them. They are A6 sized on Glossy 300gsm card

I ordered them around 3pm last tuesday and they were dispatched on Thursday morning and the courier tried to deliver them on friday.

So time wise i can't fault them on that.

A couple of things though:
You don't get a pdf or paper proof with them so you have to be very confident that your artwork is setup correctly

This is definitely a no frills printing service. The card was quite floppy and the cutting on the first 50 or so had transferred some ink to the white back of the postcards. However the print quality was top notch, perfect colurs so very happy with that.

I would say for everyday printing they will be great, but for top notch or particularly special printing I would go to another printers, like aubergine or chameleon

I'm ordering business cards and letterheads from them this week for my own supplies so i'll let you know how I get on with them.

Cheers

T

O

officeweb

Hi All,

Just been reading through your thoughts on Sense Creative. Office Web - our new printing company in Edinburgh can match the prices of Sense Creative, and in some cases beat them. We offer excellent customer service which we pride ourselves on and can do large runs printed litho, or small digital runs. All at great prices.

We print anything from business cards to books.

Office Web

Let me know what you think!

Daniel

V

visagephoto

I just had a quick look at your site and would like to point out that according to this page Double Sided it costs less to buy 1,000 presentation folders than to buy 250.

Obviously a mistake, but it's carried through to the checkout, and could possibly cause you some problems.

Alan

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking