By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

online banks

ahop23

There are so many institutions popping up online which sound so much better than the tradtional brick and mortar banks. Aside from Paypal, have any of you had any positive experiences with any of these different companies? Many of them seem to offer great rates with even simple things like savings accounts.

TomB

TomB

I can't say for normal accounts.

But i have a virgin deposit account, for my business reserves which is internet based.

I have to say its excellent, everything is at your touch, withdrawel, depostis, statements etc.

i would definely recommend them if your looking for a no frills account.

T

gamecockfan

how concerned do you have to be that all is legit? What sorts of info should you look for or are there any red flags when using these services?

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

I wonder how they are getting on in this climate?

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Most of the online banks are owned by a big national bank anyway and i'm pretty sure they have to abide by the same banking rules etc. You would have thought given their reduced overheads etc that they wouldn't be feeling it as much.