By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Ok... Who pulled the plug?

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
It wasn't me!

The Database is stored on a separate server from the web content for some reason. The connection was interrupted between the two, and therefore the forums went down for about 30 minutes.

and myself will be working on moving the content and the database to one server this weekend so that this doesn't happen again in future!

Sorry people!

Last edited by a moderator:
TomB

TomB

it wasn't me i was out at the shop :)

Maybe the server had just had enough for one day.

T

PC

PC

:cool:
It wasn't me!

The Database is stored on a separate server from the web content for some reason. The connection was interrupted between the two, and therefore the forums went down for about 30 minutes.

and myself will be working on moving the content and the database to one server this weekend so that this doesn't happen again in future!

Sorry people!
If it aint broke don't touch it... or did you touch it and break it?

Last edited by a moderator:
stugster

stugster

Verified Member
The current hosting provider has had a few issues over the past day or so, and they've only just now got it back up.

We'll be moving to one of my servers tomorrow/Monday I think... there's just too much down-time at the moment.

TomB

TomB

hey stu i was in the basement, the walkabout, pp and street

so your taking over the forum hosting stu?

i wondered what was going on this afternoon the forum was down for ages.

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Today wasn't my fault :) That was the current host having problems.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

It wasn't Stu honest :p We both sat for a fair bit of the day waiting for it to go back up. We will be switching over tomorrow/Monday and i'm told there will be no downtime. We can then look forward to endless days of SBF back to being open 24/7 :)

Gordon N

Gordon N

If my instincts are correct (the might not be as I am male) you are using the same host as me just now. Mine and three of my clients sites have been down most of the day also.

Nearly there now - just a niggly database server holding me up just now! :(

Looks like it could be a late one!

Regards,

Gordon

TomB

TomB

you should try ehosting.co.uk they are very reliable. I use them for all my clients and my own site.

Not that stu isn't any good, but he only does PHP :-(

Love the picture stu, my head feels like that after a day of programming databases

Idea15

Idea15

I already know what my last words are going to be:

"I wonder what this button does?"

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking