By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Office Computers?

P

Pete Brindle

If you run an office, what PCs do you have there? Obviously you will have to think about whether you buy them for the office, or whether you ask your staff to bring their own if you're only a small business.

If you made the decision to buy your own machines for the office, which did you go for? Were you able to get any kind of offer because you were buying more than one, or did you have to pay full price for them in the end?

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I currently ask my staff to bring their own equipment for the sole reason that we're only just setting up. However soon I hope to buy some computers. We wouldn't need that many, but I'd like them to be work only, to remain in the office, and to be inter connected. I am looking forward to reading the replies of others on this thread because it might give me an idea of what to go for!

P

Pete Brindle

I currently ask my staff to bring their own equipment for the sole reason that we're only just setting up. However soon I hope to buy some computers. We wouldn't need that many, but I'd like them to be work only, to remain in the office, and to be inter connected. I am looking forward to reading the replies of others on this thread because it might give me an idea of what to go for!

Have you priced anything up yet? Ideally I want something cheap and cheerful, but not machines that are going to break every day. We wouldn't use ours much, but it's something that would be useful to have in every room. Not sure what to go for!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Have you priced anything up yet? Ideally I want something cheap and cheerful, but not machines that are going to break every day. We wouldn't use ours much, but it's something that would be useful to have in every room. Not sure what to go for!

I have tried a few avenues, but haven't yet found anything that gives a good enough discount for multiple buying because we will only need a few. Most offers are for people who are running offices of thirty people or something like that, and that isn't likely to be us for quite some time yet!

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I think it's unlikely you'll get much discount even for buying a few. There's simply not enough margin in IT hardware these days.

You'll be hard presssed to beat prices offered by places like eBuyer who offer next day shipping and the most amazing prices. I check there before anywhere else and nearly always find them the best.

Personally I try to stick with brands like HP or Dell as they are little workhorses. They tend to be a little more expensive but worth it in the long run :)

P

Pete Brindle

I agree with but unfortunately I had a bad experience with Dell a few years back and it's made me very reluctant to try them again. Poor machine and then poor customer service when I was trying to deal with it. That was a number of years ago now though so I expect things have improved a lot since then!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I think it's unlikely you'll get much discount even for buying a few. There's simply not enough margin in IT hardware these days.

Very true. I suppose most businesses' profit margins are down quite a bit. Maybe it's something I'm just going to have to come to terms with and spend a fair amount of money on, then.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

andybrowne

I will preferred lenovo Laptops and desktops Lenovo is the best businesses machine market has

ssadchyk

ssadchyk

I always try to upgrade the hardware so that it does not cause subsequent problems for employees

Latest Posts