By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Newbie Looking To Expand Into Scotland

MrsDev

Hi everyone my name is Jade and I'm new to the site.

I run an online business which has a very specific niche. I'm looking to expand into the Scottish market as I feel the Scottish users get left out a lot.

I'm in the process of creating new resources for Wales, England, Scotland & Northern Ireland. Each resource is specific to the way the education system works, meaning I need to understand the Scottish education system first because it is so different to here in England!

If anyone has any links for a dummies guide for understanding how the system works, please share. :)

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Jade,

Welcome to SBF!

I think in Scotland we have something called Curriculum for Excellence. I have two young daughters in primary school so pretty sure I've read that :p

Eduction Scotland is probably a good start for any research you plan to undertake - here's the link >>> http://www.educationscotland.gov.uk/

One of the reasons I started SBF was because I felt small business in Scotland we're underserved by current offerings so completely agree with you about us north of the border getting left out!

I wish you well with your research and please make use of the site as much as you can. There are no silly questions :)

MrsDev

Hello,

Thank you for the welcome and thank you very much for that link! I've managed to find some useful information relating to Highers which is one topic I get asked about a lot. More so on how English grades convert into Scottish grades. I think I need to find some form of conversion table and write up an article about the topic. I'm looking forward to having a good look around and getting stuck in.

Jade

Last edited by a moderator:

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking