By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

New rules for consumer protection

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

A new law aimed at protecting consumers against rogue traders has come into force in the UK.

For the first time in UK law there will be a duty on all businesses not to trade unfairly.The law aims to tackle everything from aggressive sales tactics by rogue builders to bogus closing-down sales.

BBC NEWS | Business | New rules for consumer protection

An interesting story from the BBC which heralds the above as the biggest change to consumer law in 40 years. What do you think? Does it go far enough?

Idea15

Idea15

, have you been able to find a listing of all the specific rules? The BBC story didn't include a link to anything we could take in at a glance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidN

We had a salesman in from a leading window company a few weeks back. My wife had arranged it without telling me and she said the guy wouldn't take no for an answer. When he arrived he spent three hours at our house despite me telling him I wasn't interested. I ended up giving him a cheque (which I immediately cancelled!) just to get him out my house, it was now past 10pm. When I rang to compalin the next day the company simply weren't interested.

Hopefully this act will maybe stop other people going through what we had to go through.

Dave

Idea15

Idea15

Sounds like the high pressure scammer who tried to sell my mother in law a

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking