By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

My business is muck...How do i network...

Seymie

Seymie

I should be up and running in 3 or 4 weeks...The business is removing muck that has been excavated for foundations for home extensions and new driveways etc ...as an alternative to skips... The builders get the muck to the front of the property...Saving them time and effort...I come along with my 32 ton tipper truck fitted with a grabber and take it away... No unsightly skips...I can then return with the materials required to prepare the job...Hardcore and sand...

2x standard skips cost around £ 280/300 plus vat.
I can remove 2 and half skips for half that price (no beds fridges carpets or kitchens!!!) The majority of the spoil(muck)will be taken to recycling centres...

Still loads of red tape to get through as well as a website, good marketing material, and other things i cant think of right now ...

selfemployed

selfemployed

Just wondering how you got on with your muck collecting business?

When you compare the cost of picking up skips to the new service you are offering, it looks as though you are heading in the right direction.