By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Moving Between England And Scotland - Anything I Need To Do?

St Rhenium

St Rhenium

I move between the two a lot. As long as I'm good with HMRC, am I alright to do this without doing anything else - or do I need to notify someone?

LucidCaledonia

LucidCaledonia

I move between the two a lot. As long as I'm good with HMRC, am I alright to do this without doing anything else - or do I need to notify someone?
That depends which business you are in really, and whether legislation is different between England and Scotland in your area. If you don't employ anyone I don't believe you need to do anything specific.

St Rhenium

St Rhenium

That depends which business you are in really, and whether legislation is different between England and Scotland in your area. If you don't employ anyone I don't believe you need to do anything specific.
Thanks, I didn't think so. With what you're saying though I suppose it might be a problem for someone with a large workforce that operates on both sides of the border?

saltire

saltire

HMRC are still the main tax collector for both England and Scotland so I don't think you'll have many issues.

There may be some changes soon in Scotland as they start to roll out The Scotland Bill but for now it should be pretty much the same no matter what side of the border you are from.

Lots of business I know have sites in both England and Scotland and it doesn't seem to cause them any additional problems.

Allegrif

Allegrif

Just make sure you're registered in the jurisdiction most appropriate for you. Where are you registered, and where is the majority of your business done? If you do the majority of your business in Scotland I'd consider it best practice to be registered in Scotland as opposed to England & Wales.