By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Mobile Broadband - Any use?

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

O2 today announced the launch of their mobile broadband. This now means that all the major mobile networks in the UK now provide this service.

Essentially these are little USB modems that use an inbuilt sim card to access the mobile network and essentially give you a wirefree connection anywhere.

Now I've used one and i'm not that impressed. It's very hit and miss depending on where you are. I was sitting just off the M8 checking some travel directions and couldn't get a connection :eek:

Has anybody else used these yet and what has your experience been to date?

Brian

I thought these would be a godsend as I am always in clients houses etc and I even thought it could lead to me getting mortgages etc approved while i'm in their homes etc. The vodaphone one that I have has been back twice already and i've now come to the conclusion that they just dont work!

I also think they are very expensive considering the download limits etc. It probably will get better as the technology matures etc but for now it's a case of it being too new and having too many teeth problems!

Brian IFA

TomB

TomB

hmm I'm not sure about these things. Bit of a rip off it you ask me

overpriced for what you are actually getting.

Did you see the story on watchdog about this a few weeks back. A mother bought one for her daughter and they took it to Spain with them. They used the internet 4 times, for about 15 mins in total and got a bill for something like

S

SimoneNelson

Obviously this hinges on whether you have access to any other form of Broadband!?!?!

We live and work in Wester Ross and you will not be surprised to hear that we are th 1% who have no access to Broadband via a phone line - the 'NotSpots' as we are called.

The tale is long and so frustrating that it does my blood pressure no good to keep retelling it - for more than 18 months there has been between

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking