By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Mistake when registering

L

Louarmish

Hi,

Thanks in advance. I have recently started an online tutoring business and have nearly earned enough to register as a sole trader. Last weekend I decided to declare myself employed. I ended up registering as self employed and as an LTD (panicking! I look back and think what on earth was I doing). I don’t want the LTD. I can’t ring HMRC til Monday and the social media’s teams advice was to ring - does anymore have any advice? (I am panicking!)

Thank you,

Lou

Needhelp

Needhelp

Verified Member
Surely just trade under your self-employed status and do nothing with the company? That way you can close the company down, or correct your mistake, and everything should be fine?

L

lookingforadvice

Verified Member
You may be able to leave the limited company open if there's a chance you might use in the future but keep it as a non-trading company for more now. As a consequence, I don't think you would need to submit report and accounts.