By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Minimum Pricing on Alcohol Debate

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date

Should the Scottish Government implement minimum pricing?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

It seems our great parliament is about to become divided again over the issue on minimum pricing on alcohol. Both sides seem to be making a fairly good fight of it in terms of defending their own positions.

What's peoples views of this on the forums? Alocohol related illnesses costs over £2billion per year i've read in places so will implementing something like this help?

Are the various political parties just arguing again for the sake of it or is there real substance behind why this should not be implemented.

Oh and dont forget to take the wee poll :)

Gordon N

Gordon N

Listening to the radio earlier I heard a valid point made, this would punish the millions of people who can and do drink responsibly for the sake of those who don't. Surely the goverment should be looking at why there is a problem with youth/binge drinking and address that at the source.

I am a great believer in finding a cure for the cause, not just the symptoms.

johnthesearcher

johnthesearcher

I'm with Gordon on this one too ......

It starts with education, education .... education!

Unless the cause is addressed - it won't really matter where the price point is established.

John