By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Member List

Gordon N

Gordon N

Why has the members list been disabled?

Regards,

Gordon

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Gordon,

This was a recommendation from vB support which I merely implemented. To be honest when I thought about it I couldn't think what uses people would have for browsing it anyway but I may be wrong. What do you use that for?

Gordon N

Gordon N

On this and other forums I have used it to find profiles of users I wish to contact via PM, it saves looking for a message from them and viewing a thread to access the link. I must emphasise though that it is profiles of members that I have shared threads with already and may potentially need to use on a business level, not for any form of forum cold calling!

On a more fun level it can be used to show a chart of the biggest posters on the forum! But that is not a good enough reason on its own to keep the facility open!:)

Regards,

Gordon

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Gordon, I'm happy to go with the majority on this if people want it back open then i'm more than happy to do so. Your reasons are legitimate and I dont want this hampering your experience of the forums. I'll speak to a few people via PM and email and ask their views n and if they'd rather have it on I will happily oblige :)

Gordon N

Gordon N

It would never hamper my experience of the forum , it just saves a little time when looking for someone. That said I would rather be a member of a secure and spam free forum, than have the member list facility for the few times that I would normally use it.

If it's security and nobody else is bothered just keep it off, no harm done.

Regards,

Gordon

Last edited by a moderator: