By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

mac vs pc

ahop23

I have never used anything from Apple except for my iPod, yet so many users rave about their Macs. Do you guys have a personal preference for business practices? I guess I prefer my pc because that is really all I know but I would love to have some feedback from others.

PC

PC

AS I use both (and deal with both work-wise) I can safely say that Mac's are a much better, more stable machine to work with.

They are to all intents, virus & spyware proof and the only software that I haven't been able to find is a decent accounting package. If it wasn't for that one niggle I would be using them constantly in the office.

nothing does

nothing does

In the past I have used both and swore a lot more at my PC. The mac OS and software are so easy to use and user friendly. I would always choose a Mac over a PC.

RedEvo

RedEvo

AS I use both (and deal with both work-wise) I can safely say that Mac's are a much better, more stable machine to work with.

They are to all intents, virus & spyware proof and the only software that I haven't been able to find is a decent accounting package. If it wasn't for that one niggle I would be using them constantly in the office.
Why not use Kashflow? It's web based and Mac friendly. A truly great application IMHO with a 60 day free trial.

d

Greg Findley

Greg Findley

I think its down to personal preference as much as anything else. In my industry/business area its usually graphic designers that prefer Macs, whilst web designers prefer PC. From personal experience I have found that the Adobe suite runs much smoother on Mac :)

Do the machines tend to be more expensive or on the same price range as a pc?
Mac's tend to be more expensive when comparing the specs, simply due to the fact Apple are the only manufacturer, whilst with PC you have many manufacturers of the hardware.

I've always built our editing and graphics machines to suit particular applications... Usually Adobe Premiere/Photoshop/After Effects + whatever capture hardware was needed at the time. Two things have kept me away from Macs.. The price of them and the fact I can't simply go and assemble one from a pile of readily available bits... MAC based Turnkey solutions have always been 60%-100% more expensive than what we've been able to achieve going the self-build route.

All the admin machines tend to be 'recycled' former edit machines; so PC based again....

Windows was, is and I guess always will be a shambles though.... And I can well see why the MAC camp are so keen on their Apples...