By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Ltd company advice

D

david891

Hello everyone,

Hope your all well?

I registered a limited company while living in London 3 months ago, haven't traded yet & its an online company.

I've now moved back to Scotland to be closer to family am I right in saying my registered office must be in England/Wales and can be a virtual office provided by the liked of registered address etc? but my director address/business address can be a virtual office in Scotland?

Many thanks for the help,
David

E

Employer

Verified Member
As far as I understand as long as you have a physical address for your limited company then you should be fine. If the company is registered in England/Wales then I would assume the address should be in England/Wales. As far as the directors address, I am led to believe that you only need an official mailing address. However, I would take advice on this.

G

Goingitalone

Verified Member
That is my understanding as well although it pays to check these things from a legal standpoint just to cover all bases.

L

lookingforadvice

Verified Member
To be registered in England/Wales you would obviously need an office address in one of those two countries. As for your directors address, this could be your home address, business address or a mail drop address. A word of warning, refrain from using your home address if possible as you don't want people knowing where you live.