By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Looking to host a website in usa

B

business1directory

Hi there,
I just want to ask a question or two first question I am thinking to transfer my domain to a usa hosting and use their ecommerce software is that a good idea or bad thing to do. At the moment I have it hosted in the UK will this affect my ranking mainly with google.

Next question does anybody know of a good hosting and ecommerce shopping cart solution!!

I need to have really top features like multiple shipping prices were I can add individual prices for shipping. News letter live chat, zoom and hover over product pictures

I really would like to hear from anybody with your thoughts and suggestions

Michael

:thumbup:

Mike Lewis

Mike Lewis

Michael,

Regarding your point about your Google ranking:

In general, Google do take account of the country where the site is hosted when determining the ranking for queries from other countries.

However, they have an option in their webmaster tools that lets you specify the primary country which your site is targeting. If your domain ends in .uk and you are targeting customers in the UK, you probably don't need to do anything - that will usually override the country of hosting. But if it's a .COM, or if you are aiming at users in a country different from the one in your domain name, the option in webmaster tools should fix that.

Mike

L

laserads.co.uk

Yip its said google take account of country ! so worth bearing in mind .... I have had sites with HOSTGATOR for years , always been superb but they are low volume sites

if its very much a start up use the free ocommerce cart and hostgator to get you going ..quicker its up the quicker you will get in the engines

PAUL

EmployEasily Legal Services

Speak to Neil Stevenson at Experisys IT - they offer great hosting solutions including Cpanel.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking