By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Libraries Stocking Your Published Books!

MrsDev

I don't know if stocking is the right word, but you'll understand what I mean.

I'm hoping there are some other published authors on here, whether that be their business or a hobby on the side.

I have 3 published books with Amazon, that I have written and have published under my name for the business. These were created with Amazon and published with their networks.

The only channel I have set up to sell the books with is within Amazon Europe, I have all expanded distribution channels disabled (Libraries & bookstores),as I make enough money through Amazon.

I also sell my books directly on my business website, as I do stock a few. The strange thing is that I had a librarian from a college (where we did a recent event in the city). Buy a copy of 2 of my books, directly from me.

I'm hoping they just heard how damn good we were and were curious as to how my product will help their students, and will hopefully place a bulk order directly with me :D

My main concern was that they would put the books in the library, can they do this? Am I just being dramatic? Obviously this would cost me a lot of money as they could potentially allow many of my direct audience to read my book for free.

Anyone have any thoughts? I haven't posted them yet as I didn't have one of the books in stock (whoopsie)!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I'm not sure how it works exactly, but with any physical book there is always the chance that it could be passed on to other people. On a personal level, if I want to read books, I always buy them whether they're in a library or not. I love to have my own copy to hold in my hand, that I personally own. Even though it costs me so much money! But I think a lot of people are similar. The number of public libraries that are closing down currently is testament to this.

P

Pete Brindle

I think you'll find a lot of students like to have their own copies anyway. One or two copies to go round large classes isn't much. If the teachers start recommending it, some will buy. Word of mouth is one of the best selling tools going.

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking